Why BEST Drilling?
24 Apr 18
Regulators, investors, insurers, customers and communities all have a stake in what we do and how we work in the offshore industry. By demonstrating effective environmental management and ‘greening up’ the service offering, your organisation will benefit from efficiency savings and reduced operating costs which in turn leads to increased market share and improved business reputation. Integral to this success is the offshore workforce. Their knowledge and ability to identify, manage and mitigate environmental risk provides assurance to your stakeholders that your operations are sustainable, profitable and compliant.
To increase delegate’s knowledge and understanding of environmental aspects and impacts associated with drilling operations and the physical, operational and behavioural controls in place to
manage them. Develop the key skills necessary to assist in environmental compliance, assurance and alignment with client requirements.
- An introduction to global environmental issues
- Global, regional and national legislation in the marine and offshore industry
- Significant environmental aspects associated with offshore drilling operations
- Demonstrating compliance
- The role of the EMS
- Environmental goal setting, monitoring and reporting
Expected Course Outcomes:
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of environmental management
- Identify environmental aspects associated with drilling operations
- Assess the impacts of significant aspects
- Demonstrate compliance with legislation and client requirements
- Discuss the importance of compliance and continual improvement
- Identify examples of good practice
Who should attend
Environmental representatives, drilling reps, HSE advisors and anyone with responsibility for environmental management within the drilling industry